compile hurdle 1.8.10

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Jan 9 15:39:26 EST 2005

On Sunday 09 January 2005 5:02 pm, John Griessen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm compiling 1.8.10 on a debian machine and I have most dependencies met
> except this...   gtkhtml

ghttp is being requested:
libghttp1                1.0.9-15
original GNOME HTTP client library - run-time kit

along with libgtkhtml2-0

So the dev packages would be adequate normally:
http://code.neil.williamsleesmill.me.uk/preface.html
libghttp-dev
libgtkhtml-dev

libgtkhtml-dev           1.0.4-6.2
HTML rendering/editing library - development files.

All I've got is:
 dpkg-query -l | grep gtkhtml
ii  libgtkhtml-dev 1.0.4-6.2      HTML rendering/editing library - development
ii  libgtkhtml2-0  2.6.2-2        HTML rendering/editing library - runtime fil
ii  libgtkhtml20   1.0.4-6.2      HTML rendering/editing library - runtime fil

dpkg-query -l | grep ghttp
ii  libghttp-dev   1.0.9-15       original GNOME HTTP client library - develop
ii  libghttp1      1.0.9-15       original GNOME HTTP client library - run-tim

> My system now seems to have many many versions of this library after
> installing to try t satisfy checking for gtkhtml >= 1.1

You only need the two above to compile GnuCash on Debian.

> is checking for ghttp_request_new in -lghttp
>
> Anyone familiar with this requirement?

It's libghttp1 and libghttp-dev, that's all.

--

Neil Williams