gnucash-user Digest, Vol 22, Issue 10

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Jan 9 15:45:55 EST 2005

On Saturday 08 January 2005 7:24 pm, David J. Heinrich wrote:
> What is CVS HEAD? Where can I get it? Should it work in GnuCash 1.6.6?

CVS HEAD is where the next release of GnuCash is being created and tested, so
it's newer than 1.8.10 - it replaces 1.6.6.

> I'm using Debian, and am still back in 1.6.6.

You need to move from Debian stable - at least move to Debian testing.

Stable is not intended as a workstation environment. You won't be able to
compile recent software on Debian stable, it's just not designed for that.

# apt-get dist-upgrade testing
(this will take some time)

You'll need to convert your GnuCash data files.

CVS HEAD is the cutting edge development tree that will provide parts of the
next version of GnuCash, beyond 1.8.10. There are branches for Gnome2 and
other purposes as well.

See the gnucash website, cvs links:
http://www.gnucash.org/en/hacking.phtml

--