OFX and investment account imports

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 15 20:51:24 EST 2005

I'm having a problem importing investment transactions via OFX.

the section of the ofx file:
<BUYSTOCK>
<INVBUY>
<INVTRAN>
<FITID>17xxx
<DTTRADE>20050103120000
<MEMO>BUY 100.000 SHARES ACL @ 78.30
</INVTRAN>
<SECID>
<UNIQUEID>H01301102
<UNIQUEIDTYPE>CUSIP
</SECID>
<UNITS>100.000
<UNITPRICE>78.30
<COMMISSION>10.990
<FEES>0.00
<TOTAL>-7840.99
<SUBACCTSEC>CASH
<SUBACCTFUND>CASH
</INVBUY>
<BUYTYPE>BUY
</BUYSTOCK>

ofxdump output segment:
ofx_proc_transaction():
     Account ID : ameritrade.com 1234567
     Transaction type: OTHER: Other
     Date initiated: Mon Jan  3 12:00:00 2005 EST
     Total money amount: -7840.99
     # of units: 100.00
     Unit price: 78.30
     Financial institution's ID for this transaction: 17xxx
     Investment transaction type: BUYSTOCK (Buy stock))
     Unique ID of the security being traded: H01301102
     Format of the Unique ID: CUSIP
     Security data is available:
     START security_data content----------
ofx_proc_security():
     Unique ID of the security being traded: H01301102
     Format of the Unique ID: CUSIP
     Name of the security: ACL
     Ticker symbol: ACL

     END security_data content----------
     Extra transaction information (memo): BUY 100.000 SHARES ACL @ 78.30
-----

When I import the transaction set the brokerage account cash balance
gets appropriately reduced, but in the stock subaccount, the
transaction shows up as 7840.99 shares bought at a price of 1 dollar
per share. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? This is a new stock that I
defined manually in the commodity editor prior to importing my account
data. All of my stock purchases show this behavior. I think some sells
I did a couple weeks ago also did the same thing, but when I wiped the
transactions, entered them manually, and then imported, ofx correctly
matched the hand entered sell transactions.

My account tree looks like: Assets -> Investments -> Brokerage account
(type: Bank) -> ACL (type: Stock)

i.e., I don't have a Stock type intermediate 'collector' as is shown in
the default account structure between the Brokerage and individual
stock accounts.

I also have this problem with TIAA-CREF imports.

OFX version 0.6.6, GnuCash 1.8.9

Dave