Thanks Guys!

Ben Pracht bpracht at nc.rr.com
Sun Jan 16 00:47:48 EST 2005

To the developers of GnuCash and whoever came up with the .xac files:

I came home tired after a somewhat complete day and decided to do
paperwork, but first
tar my gnucash data file and copy it to a floppy.  Unfortunately, I
mistyped the command
and reversed the order and typed in this blunder:

tar -zvcf Accounting Accounting.tgz instead of
tar -zvcf Accounting.tgz Accounting

I should have known better, and I realized what I did after hitting
return.  Anyway,
I'm glad someone out there thought enough to make a simple backup.  My
GnuCash version 1.8.8 has crashed when I do certain things, and I've
never been able to say exactly why but it's been mostly useful.  I'm not
an OSS advocate, but you guys certainly make a good name for it.

Thanks,
Ben