using Gnucash on a small monitor

Jim no_spam at bikesatwork.com
Sun Jan 16 15:08:37 EST 2005

We recently installed Gnucash on an older laptop with a small
(800x600 max) screen.  The problem we're having is that some of the
dialog windows (like the "add a new account" window) resize
themselves so that the drop-down window boxes become so small that
they're unuseable--i.e, the drop-downs become thin slits with only
the "up" arrow in the scrollbar showing.

Is there any way around this problem?  Would resizing the system
font to a smaller size help (they seem large to me)?  If so, how
would we do this?  We're using icewm as our window manager, not
Gnome, btw.

-Jim