Unbalanced balance sheet

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jrposting at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 15:36:30 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 20:12 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Still, just buying some stock alone shouldn't cause any imbalance...

Well, indeed. But I have deleted the transaction and the imbalance goes
away, so it is definitely the guilty party. I have also tried to create
a file with just this transaction in it as a demonstration, but I can't
reproduce it...

I have also noticed, though, that the exchange rates (including all
share prices) quoted on all the reports bear very little resemblance to
those in the price editor. They are out in both directions, but mostly
too low.

The conversions in the accounts window seem OK, though.

Any idea what is going on here?

Jeff