Reblance Transactions

John Rumball fedora at jerumball.com
Tue Jan 18 23:23:45 EST 2005

Can someone explain to me the proper way to "rebalance" a transaction?

Here's my scenario... I am new to GnuCash and I just imported a month's
worth of transactions from my bank (for the very first time).  During
the import process, I identified the "transfer" account for some of the
transactions, but left many alone due to time constraints.  Now that all
these transactions are in my ledger, I want to go back in to my checking
account and transfer the transactions to the proper expense accounts,
etc.  This is where I am having trouble.  I've been through the Concepts
guide, but cannot nail down the right process for this.  Your help is
greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.

John
--
*John Rumball*, CCNA
fedora at jerumball.com <mailto:fedora at jerumball.com>

/
Drop IE. Get *Firefox!* It's THE web browser you CAN trust!/
<http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=33069&t=1>