BUG: 1.8.10: Invoices posted with "accumulate splits" create imbalanced transactions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Jan 23 23:45:56 EST 2005

Hi,

I just discovered (and fixed) a bug in 1.8.10 that causes Invoices
posted with "accumulate splits" to create imbalanced transactions.
This same bug was also creating a memory leak every time you posted a
transaction.

The bug has been fixed in CVS, but 1.8.10 has the errant patch.  You
can workaround the problem in 1.8.10 by always posting invoices with
the "accumulate splits" option turned off.  If you've posted any
invoices with 1.8.10 you should check your A/R and A/P accounts and
see if the register reports an imbalanced transaction (you'll see a
little 'x' box in corner by the transaction value).  You will need to
unpost and re-post any errant invoices to fix the data entry error(s).

I'm hoping I can convince the release engineer to push out a 1.8.11.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Thanks,