Newbie migration issues

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Jan 29 09:31:28 EST 2005

Rod Engelsman <rodengelsman at ruraltel.net> writes:

> I go into the Loan Druid. On the first screen I enter 8183.47 in the
> "Amount" box. Loan account is "Liabilities:Loan:Student Loan". Interest
> rate 3.125%. Type is "Fixed". Start date 2/20/2005. Length is 476 months
> (calculated by the Financial Calculator). Months remaining says 476 as
> well. Hit "Next".

Uh, 476 months is over 39 years.  I don't think that's correct.

One thing to keep in mind is that the current loan druid is fairly
limited.  It doesn't handle variable-rate loans, which you apparantly
have.  It pretty much only deals with simple loans with a constant,
fixed amortazation, which again you do not have.