Getting money for Gnucash development [was Re: Newbie migration issues]

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Jan 29 14:52:55 EST 2005

TC <tc at emailetc.co.uk> writes:

> Have you any feeling for the number of users out there?  On top of that
> you could probably add would-be users who are currently put off by the
> FUD of moving away from Quicken etc.

I wish I knew.  How many RedHat/Debian/Mandrake/SuSe/Gentoo users have
installed Gnucash and use it?  We have no good way to track that.  I
also have no idea how to counteract the FUD of moving away from
Quicken.

> And how, if at all, is Mozilla funded?

Via the Mozilla Foundation..  And IIRC they got their original seed
money from Netscape/AOL.