segmentation fault

Mark Johnson mrj001 at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 30 11:22:45 EST 2005

Derek Atkins wrote:

>Mark Johnson <mrj001 at shaw.ca> writes:

[snip]

>However it would still be useful to try to figure out why the report
>crashes.  I take it there's nothing interesting printed on the
>terminal before it dies?  The crash happens in Scheme, which is kind
>of weird.

The only thing printed on the terminal before it dies is "Segmentation
fault".  I can't be sure if this is caused by the extreme recursion
(running out of stack space?) or by the corruption at the base of the stack.

I'm trying to get another Linux system up and running for just financial
stuff.  If I can get this system working and it's by no means certain
due to hardware issues, then I can move my real gnucash data over to
it.  Then, I'll be able to use this system for more investigation
without fear of corruption of my actual financial data.  Additionally, a
change in my work assignment means I may have some time to actually
investigate this (although unpacking from my recent move may preclude
even that).  A month from now, my work assignment will change again to
leave me with no time.

I can't promise to spend any time on this, but I can hope to.

>-derek

Mark