How to realign my checing account ?

Bill Wohler wohler at newt.com
Fri Jul 1 18:56:12 EDT 2005

Bob Alexander <bob at ngi.it> writes:

> Problems started trickling in when I received evidence of OLDER
> transactions which I wanted to enter. For example I received my credit
> card account which was prior to June the 16th.
>
> Probably because of this, even though I have registered all of my
> expenses, my bank account and my GnuCash account balance do not have
> the SAME value :(
>
> What is the methodology to redress this ?

Your June statement has transactions from before the 16th, right? So,
ensure your Gnucash initial balance is the same as the initial balance
in your June statement (from Equity:Initial Balances). Then enter the
transactions from the statement that are missing from your register.

Now when you reconcile the June statement, you should be golden.

--
Bill Wohler <wohler at newt.com>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD