Calendar not correctly visible

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Sun Jul 3 19:05:05 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-03 at 23:43 +0200, Bob Alexander wrote:
> When I am entering an expense and use the click down arrow near the date
>   a small calendar shows up. Use it to select a date, enter the expense.
>
> Next riw, click on the date arrow again, the calendar rectangle shows
> but it is all white and shows what is supposed to be there only when I
> pass over with the mouse or hit the next/previous month arrow and redraw
> the whole thing.
>
> Anyone experiencing this ?

Its a longstanding problem that only appears to affect certain systems.
(Debian is one.)  I tried to track it down once and failed.   IIRC, no
one's ever figured out exactly what causes it, but it sure looks like
the calendar widget is not seeing a "draw" signal" for some reason.

I don't know of any plans to fix the problem. All development effort is
currently going into finishing the gtk2 port.  I'm hoping the problem
will fix itself once we switch to the gtk2 widget set.

David