reconciling

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Jul 4 13:44:53 EDT 2005

Hi,

There are two things going on here.  First is the QIF import.  The
importer will attempt to match transactions based on accounts,
amounts, and date-range.  So long as the date it clears the bank
(which is the date the BANK sees it) is within some threshold of the
date you entered into gnucash, the matcher will think it's the same
and let you manually say "yes, this is a duplicate".

Then there is the reconcile process, which is a manual process where
gnucash lists all the transactions in the account and you get the
option to click which ones are on your monthly statement.  In that
case the dates really don't matter for the process.

-derek