Calendar not correctly visible

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Tue Jul 5 17:12:44 EDT 2005

On Monday 04 July 2005 12:05 am, David Hampton wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-07-03 at 23:43 +0200, Bob Alexander wrote:
> > When I am entering an expense and use the click down arrow near the date
> >   a small calendar shows up. Use it to select a date, enter the expense.
> >
> > Next riw, click on the date arrow again, the calendar rectangle shows
> > but it is all white and shows what is supposed to be there only when I
> > pass over with the mouse or hit the next/previous month arrow and redraw
> > the whole thing.
> >
> > Anyone experiencing this ?
>
> Its a longstanding problem that only appears to affect certain systems.
> (Debian is one.)

Mac OSX is another (1.8 tree).

Open an account window. Calendar works fine. Click back to the main window and
then back on the account window to bring that back into focus. Calendar is
blank.

Close the account window. Open it again and the Calendar works. Move to a
previous transaction and click on the date field: Calendar fails again.

I still haven't got around to compiling G2 on the mac so all I can say is that
my Debian system is also affected.

> I tried to track it down once and failed.

Your GUI skills are better than mine so it might have to remain one of those
little bugs.

On the subject of Mac glitches, why would a QOF application work fine on Linux
but not on a Mac? - although it's more than just that. It's an application
that uses 4 QOF objects and a front-end (command-line). On the Mac, the front
end and 3 objects work fine - try to use the fourth with any data and it
crashes with an "Illegal Instruction" which I take to be Apple talk for a seg
fault. It's a little more serious than a calendar not appearing and very
frustrating. It's something in the QOF registration because even listing the
parameter names of the object generates some real output and some complete
garbage. Only noticed it tonight. More investigations are inevitable.
:-(

--

Neil Williams