invalid HTML at http://gnucash.org

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Fri Jul 8 15:37:11 EDT 2005

On Friday 08 July 2005 6:17 am, Adam Monsen wrote:
> Just letting y'all know, http://gnucash.org (at least the default Web
> page) doesn't have valid HTML.
>
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fgnucash.org%2F

It is known and I had a go at producing a replacement version that does
validate for the mailing list search script:
https://lists.gnucash.org/search/
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=https%3A//lists.gnucash.org/search/

(note that like any search script, the page is only known to validate prior to
the search - once results are displayed, characters from email archives can
cause minor validation errors that are independent of the script itself.)

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the rest of the pages.

Actually, the list of 'errors' in the HTML may appear long but is actually
quite minor. I doubt anyone actually has problems viewing the pages in any
browser.

With access and a little time (i.e. after the G2 port), I would be happy to
bring every gnucash page to strict HTML4.01 validation using the HTML and CSS
template from the search script. I would also address any genuine
accessibility problems - if there are any.

> I tried sending an email to linas at linas.org (the email listed at the
> bottom of the Web page at that URL ( http://gnucash.org )), but I got
> an error message from Postfix:

Linas is around but appears to be spending most of his time with other
projects currently, I haven't been able to contact him for nearly a year. I
think Derek might have heard from him more recently.

--

Neil Williams