Upgrade to 1.8.11-0fc3?

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Fri Jul 8 16:44:55 EDT 2005

Steve, please reply to the list so others may share in what happens ;-)

If you are using synaptic then you're (if I understand correctly) using
a Debian based system. Some of the Debian-based systems (besides plain
debian) are Knoppix, Ubuntu, anybody else got any... that's all I can
think of off the top of my head but there are lots of 'em. I see from
your post that you're looking at 1.8.11-0fc3 would that be Fedora Core?
don't know.

Current version of gnucash in Debian is 1.8.10-12 so if you're running
Debian unstable or some combination of testing and unstable, you should
be able to upgrade to 1.8.10-12 easily.

if you are not running a mostly unstable deb, then it may be a bit
troublesome to upgrade as you could break some other stuff, BUT I think
the gnc dependencies are far enough behind that you should be okay.

If you want to compile a newer version, (like 1.8.11) then you need to

apt-get build-dep gnucash

before you try the compile.

All this is only really useful for Debian systems, and I know naught
about others...

HTH

Andrew