Paths.

Katipo Katipo at westnet.com.au
Sat Jul 23 07:30:13 EDT 2005

Neil Williams wrote:

>On Saturday 23 July 2005 8:26 am, Katipo wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I'm running Debian SID.
>>

>>In creating icons, which is something I haven't had to do before, I'm
>>finding it a little difficult to establish what path I should enter into
>>the icon config. so that it's capable of calling up GnuCash.
>>

>There's nothing special in the path required for the icon - if you can start
>an application from the command line, that path will work in the icon.
>
>For GnuCash, you could use 'gnucash' or 'usr/bin/gnucash'
>
>Hasn't this been installed into the Debian menu by apt?
>

>>The only
>>applicable files I can find are in /var/ which isn't really applicable.

Solved.

Not a GnuCash situation.

Knew I'd downloaded it (aptitude), along with some others, but could
only find script files in /usr/bin/ and then compressed files in /var/.
Reinstalled, and everything turned up where it was supposed to.

Install got interrupted maybe.
I'm on dial up, so update at night quite often.
Thanks for your help.

David.