Struggling with vendor payments

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Jul 26 10:05:54 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 26 Jul 2005 14:21, Andrew Greig wrote:
> Hi Maf,
> Thanks for your reply,
>
> 	Yes, it is my money, but that's because I am setting up a new
> 	enterprise, so I just need to track the business expenses.

Hi,

You may already be doing this, but if not, then please consider that
usually it is better / clearer / more in keeping with GAAP to keep the
business accounts in a separate datafile to personal accounts.  Means
slightly more work to transfer funds between the two entities (ie paying
yourself!), but will mean less work if the authorities want to look at things
in more detail sometime in the future...

> GC will pay all bills in a strict date order - that can't be altered in
> current versions.  There has been some talk about making an option, but I
> don't know if/when that may happen.
>
> 	This would be a useful idea because with Internet banking through my
> 	Fin Institution there is a limit to the funds that can be processed
> 	that way on any given day, and sometimes it is easier to juggle which
> 	invoices are paid in order to approach that limit.

I was possibly not 100% clear here.  I should have written
"GC will pay _each vendor's_ bills in a strict date order"  -  that emphasis
may help get around your banking restrictions!

cheers,
Maf.