auto-filing expenses

E Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Mon Jun 13 19:44:19 EDT 2005

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 09:07, Terrence Brannon wrote:
> I just imported all my bank transactions via a QIF file. The
> transactions are all in an Unspecified account right now. I was
> wondering how I might setup a rule or regular expression that moves
> transactions to certain accounts based on the merchant and then apply
> this rule to all transactions currently in the file.

You need to do this part way through the import.
I suggest trashing the stuff you just imported, going back to your last save,
and putting in these things at the stage in the import procedure called
match payees / memos to gnucash accounts
if you need to add some more accounts, do so, cancel out and start again.
the time spent here will be well rewarded

liz

--
"What you end up with, after running an operating system concept through
these many marketing coffee filters, is something not unlike plain hot