ATM/POS cards

Bob Alexander bob at ngi.it
Fri Jun 17 03:33:24 EDT 2005

At first I had setup a ATM Card card account son of a Liability account
and when I got cash from an ATM I would enter an increase on the card
with a transfer to my Cash account and then a negative entry on the card
with a transfer to my checkings account (from which the ATM card
withdraws the money). Find it really cumbersome.

Would there be any problem if I scrap the ATM card account and just
enter an "ATM withdrawal" charge on my checkings account with a transfer
to my cash account ? Sounds a lot simpler !

Same thing when I use the ATM card as a POS -> withdraw from checking
and transfer on my expenses acct.

OK ?

Thank you,
Bob