Can't Open Accounts!

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sun Jun 26 12:33:08 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 22:51 -0600, Robert Uhl wrote:
> When I try to open my accounts, gnucash crashes silently in the GUI, and
> with the following error in the console:
>
>   Error: create_each_transaction_he...(): Common-commodity difference: old=USD, new=USBSX
>
>   Error: create_each_transaction_he...(): Some error in new transaction creation...
>
>   ** ERROR **: file dialog-sxsincelast.c: line 1614 (sxsincelast_init): assertion failed: (nextPage)
>   aborting...
>   Aborted
>
> This is, as you might imagine, Bad.  Any ideas?

You should turn off automatic scheduled-transaction
application-at-gnucash-start time by:

* starting with `--nofile`
* changing the Preference in the Scheduled Transaction option-group to
  "Run at GnuCash start"
* restart with the same data-file.

Afterwards, it'll only crash if you explicitly use the "Since Last Run"
menu activity.

As for the error, what version are you running?

...jsled