1.8.11 breaks QIF importing for me? QIF Import: Name conflicts with another account

Andrew Mitchell gnucash at andrewmitchell.id.au
Mon Jun 27 05:29:10 EDT 2005

Ok, problem solved... but I really need to put the solution on the
record so that others can find it (and file a suggestion bugreport for
gnucash).

Basically somehow in the upgrade from fedora core 3 to fedora core 4,
gnucash defaulted back to using USD instead of AUD as default* (but my
files were all in AUD). Hence when I imported QIF, it created new
accounts as you can't put USD into an account that already contains AUD
transactions.

I really think that gnucash should have given me a message more useful
than "QIF Import: Name conflicts with another account", which is not
descriptive of the problem... it wasn't until I read the source around
that error message that I figured it out!

anyway, I'm back on track now happily using gnucash, thanks devels for a
great product!

*=perhaps due to an incompatability in my .gnome directory?