Computing Interest in lent money

JUNIPER snijuniper at comcast.net
Wed Jun 29 12:33:51 EDT 2005

Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 12:24:21 +0200
From: Thomas Klausner <tk at giga.or.at>
Subject: computing interest?
To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org

Hi!

I was wondering if there was support in gnucash-1.8.11 to automatically
compute interest? For example to verify your bank statements, or if
you are giving out loans instead of taking them.
 Thomas

Response:
I carry a note on real estate I sold calling it an asset with monthly scheduled transaction. All I have to do is to calculate the interest on the pvs balance and change the interest and principal accordingly when they pop up, which takes about 30 seconds. I then use that info in an email acknowledgment to the people making the payment. (I also stipulated in our loan agreement that payments would be made automatically and directly to my bank account)

Pretty easy, but if there's an easier or more elegant way to handle it, I wouldn't mind knowing.

Steve