question about formulas in mortgage/loan druid

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jun 29 17:01:54 EDT 2005

Unfortunately there's no way to compute the correct amount of interest based on
the current balance.  The Principal and Interest computations are all based on
the initial bank values.  This means that if you pre-pay principal then it wont
take that into account in future P vs. I computations.  You would need a
"getcurrentbalance()" function to plug into the ppmt() and ipmt() functions in
order to compute the principal and interest amounts based on the current
balance of an account.

-derek