How to realign my checing account ?

Bob Alexander bob at ngi.it
Thu Jun 30 11:48:35 EDT 2005

As some of you have noticed I started using GnuCash a few weeks ago and
precisely June 16th.

I connected to my bank and jotted down my bank account balance on that
day and entered it as an initial equity with a transfer to my bank
account and from there onwards have entered all expenses.

For some days all was aok and the balance of my online bank account and
my GnuCash was precise to the (euro)cent !!!

Problems started trickling in when I received evidence of OLDER
transactions which I wanted to enter. For example I received my credit
card account which was prior to June the 16th.

Probably because of this, even though I have registered all of my
expenses, my bank account and my GnuCash account balance do not have the
SAME value :(

What is the methodology to redress this ?

Sorry if the question is confused but it duly reflects my state of mind
... confused.

TIA,
Bob