vouchers in gnucash

Daniel Tudosie dtudosie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 14:25:33 EDT 2005

Hello,

Does anybody know what is the best way to handle the vouchers
(meal/gift/etc. vouchers) in gnucash ?

Until now I have defined a commodity and used them as stock shares but
they are not really shares... Now I learned how to add a new currency to
the iso-4217-currencies (there is a denomination in my country right
now), I think I can add the food vouchers as a new currency so the
account that holds them does not look like a stock shares one (i.e.
Shares, Price, Buy, Sell, etc.) but like a simple one.

Which approach do you think is the most appropriate ?

Thanks,
Daniel