Locked database

Bob Williams bob.williams at barrowhillfarm.org.uk
Wed Jun 8 14:56:28 EDT 2005

For no apparent reason, Gnucash is now unable to open my database,
giving the Question:

       "GnuCash could not obtain the lock for /home/finance/nnn.
 That database may be in use by another user, in which case you should
                         not open the database.
                      What would you like to do?"

I don't want to take the 'Quit' option, so I click on Open Anyway. The
database appears to open to the point where I am informed of pending
scheduled entries, when the whole application immediately closes.

I've tried the third option of Create New File, to get GnuCash running,
and then attempting to open the locked database from there, but the same
thing happens.

Although there are two other accounts on this machine, I am effectively
the only user, and the above scenario happens even if GnuCash is the
first application I attempt to open after a reboot.

Any ideas, please?
Bob Williams                  mailto:bob.williams at barrowhillfarm.org.uk
Henfield, West Sussex                             Fax to: 0870 051 0048

PGP Key <mailto:pgp-public-keys at pgp.uk.demon.net?SUBJECT=GET%0xAC251C04>