reconciling

Matt Funk mafunk at nmsu.edu
Fri Jun 10 14:04:19 EDT 2005

Hi,

i had a (probably pretty simple/stupid) question.

The problem/question is this:
say that i bought some groceries for $50 where groceries is an expense
account. And say i pay for it with a check that comes out of my checking
account.

So far no problem. Both acounts get credited/debited.
However, say now that i download the account statement from my bank and i try
to import it to the checking account i have in gnucash.

How does gnucash reconcile the bank statement with the already existing
entry/entires (done manually) in the checking account account?

or should i wait to credit the checking account and use a temporary account
(imbalance)?

thanks
mat