exporting selected account subtree

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 17:20:11 EST 2005

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 9:43 pm, ted creedon wrote:
> > If others on this list have *urgent* needs for other export / import
> > mechanisms for PARTIAL data - not including QIF, OFX, HBCI, CVS or new /
> > modified reports within GnuCash itself - please reply and I will consider
> > your requests. Further mechanisms can be added in future releases, for now
> > I'm concentrating on the main 3 above plus suitable urgent requests.
> >
> > Please remember that this new code is specifically designed to import the
> > data back into GnuCash after export. It is not about creating new reports.
> >
> > (Partial: anything where you cannot already create a normal GnuCash file
> > that contains only the data you need - this does not currently include
> > closing books at the end of a financial period.)

>  Would a range of dates be possible?

In what? The CoA export? It wouldn't be a CoA anymore, it would be a
mini-book! It would be the same as exporting the entire book between certain
dates. That may be suitable for a later release but right now it doesn't
strike me as an urgent need - it's too close to the requirement for closing
books for a financial period which is a separate process within GnuCash.

--

Neil Williams