KMyMoney2

Mvillarino mvillarino at dubmail.net
Thu Mar 3 03:27:01 EST 2005

O Mércores 02 Marzo 2005 02:46, Matej Cepl escribiu:
> Did anybody tried that (http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net)? Any opinions to
> share? I use KDE-only here and GNUCash is the only GNOME program I have.
> Moreover, GNUCash doesn't work that well with KDE (session savings) -- is
> it because of GNOME-1-only?
>
> Matej

 I tried Kmymoney (and translated it to Spanish and galician languages). At
the present time I use both for the same purposes (to compare, and for
historical reasons).

Several thing are more confortable in gnucash and other in kmymoney. The
advantage in gnc cash is that everything is an account, and you can take a
look to the transactions into an expense/income account, while  kmymoney uses
the dichotomy account/category, and it's not possible to look into a
category.
But I found kmm more confortable to enter splitted transactions, in particular
supermarket bills and invoices with several items in general.

At the present time, the stable branch of gnc has more features that kmm, in
particular reports, both text and graphical, while kmm 0.6.4 lacks of them,
and in the development branch there are only planned text reports (not
graphical). I think developers are more involved with online banking.

There is a mail list you can join: kmymoney2-developer at lists.sourceforge.net
Also, it's useful to check the sourceforge page ( you know "sf:kmymoney";).

The project has developers, translators, graphical artist but lacks of
documentalist although there are at least to persons working on it. Any
volunteer?

Regards,
MV.