Fonts size are too small

remi rboulle at free.fr
Sat Mar 5 16:18:56 EST 2005

Hello,

I reply to myself after nearly a month...

remi a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I am running gnucash 1.8.9 with gnome 2 on a debain sarge (kernel
> 2.6.10).
> The fonts size is too small (maybe size 6 or 5)in the toolbars and
> other GUI text.
> Does someone has a clue to solve this problem ?
> Here is the output of $gnucash :
>
> remi at vaio:~$ gnucash
> The font "-adobe-helvetica-medium-r-normal--*-120-*-*-*-*-*-*" does
> not support all the required character sets for the current locale
> "fr_FR at euro"
>  (Missing character set "ISO8859-15")
>  (Missing character set "ISO8859-15")
> The font "-adobe-helvetica-medium-o-normal--*-120-*-*-*-*-*-*" does
> not support all the required character sets for the current locale
> "fr_FR at euro"
>  (Missing character set "ISO8859-15")
>  (Missing character set "ISO8859-15")
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkObject'
> Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtksignal.c: line 1067
> (gtk_signal_handler_block_by_data): assertion `object != NULL' failed.
> [...]
> Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `GtkCheckMenuItem'
>
> The size for the operations in my accounts is just fine (a proper 12)
> like in all the informations I have to type in. It is jsut the
> "system" fonts size. All my others apps are ok.
>
> I have installed 100dpi and 75dpi fonts.

Log as root and :
$dpkg-reconfigure locales and select fr_FR ISO-8859-1 instead of
fr_FR at euro ISO-8859-15
It seems that all fonts with "euro" are causing fonts size troubles with
gnucash.
Hope it may help others.
Fonts problem was the same with apps like xCHM which is now working fine.
Rémi.