Connecting to another Database

Vincent Ngundi vincent at kenic.or.ke
Tue Mar 8 06:07:29 EST 2005

Hi All,
I'm trying to save my GnuCash data on a remote server.

If I save to the template1 database, it's OK but when I try to save to
another database that I have created, it gives me the following error:

"FATAL:  No pg_hba.conf entry for host X.X.X.X, user vincent, database
'the_data_base_I_created'

FATAL:  No pg_hba.conf entry for host X.X.X.X, user vincent, database
template1"

In the pg_hba.conf file I have:

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        IP-ADDRESS        IP-MASK	METHOD
local   all         all
host    all         all         127.0.0.1	255.255.255.255	trust
host	all	    all	::1	ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff:ffff	trust
host    all         all         X.X.X.X         255.255.255.255 trust

Is there somewhere where you can specify or enable  the use of multiple
databases. It seems the default database is template1.

Please help me out.

Vincent.