Investments contributed to from outside source

Jason Ahrens jason.ahrens at rogers.com
Wed Mar 9 20:59:03 EST 2005

At my work, I am part of anemployee share purchase program.

What this means is taht for every X number of dolars from my pay I put towards
purchasing company stock, the company puts in Y additional. Y is not money
that shows up anywhere except on the stock purchases.

This means that while my take home pay is PAY-X, where X is a value I put
towards stock purchases, there is an aditional Y.

Y is a value I do not know how to account for in GNUCash. Should I count it as
Income/Payroll? It does not seem right as it is never a value that appears on
my pay, it just 'appears' in my Stock account.  Perhaps I should create a
separate Income account for these contributions from my company?

Thanks for any advice.

Jason