Investments contributed to from outside source

Jason Ahrens jason.ahrens at rogers.com
Thu Mar 10 21:57:32 EST 2005

What about creating a separate income account "Income:Company Stock" and
directly transfering from that into the associated Stock accounts? It would
seem to get around the "phantom income" in most situations.

Then I can split my pay to show my contribution to the stock, and for the
portion of the stock the "company" bought, it comes directly from the new
Income account never showing up anywhere else.

Jason

--
"Zen is the madman yelling,  'If you wanta tell me that the stars are
 not words, then stop calling them stars!'"