can't find gnome-config

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 15:35:33 EST 2005

On Wednesday 23 March 2005 7:53 pm, you wrote:
> more furious google typing yield.... libgnome-dev package. we'll see.
>
> If not, I'll definitely be hitting that apt-get build-dep. one I didn't
> know about...
>
> meanwhile I keep bouncing up against the top of my hardrive limits on my
> little build testing machine... sheesh.

If it's having problems at the configure stage, you don't have a chance of
building the entire application!

My most recent build of GnuCash results in a 304Mb tree PLUS a 96Mb
installation! With debugging symbols removed etc., the Debian package comes
down to only 3.4Mb.

The list seems quite delayed at this end - I sent some help on this but by the
time I'd received your first message, you'd already sent this one!

Contact me off-list if you have other general questions on building in Debian
- and see the Debian website for package lists.

--

Neil Williams