Separating Years

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Mar 30 14:21:17 EST 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005, Josh Sled wrote:

> There's no "book closing" support in 1.8.  The two options are as mention
> are: new file with the same CoA or use the same file but limit the
> reports...

   Thanks, Josh. I knew there was no way to close the books through an
end-of-year process.

>> Do I create a new data file but retain the old CoA?
>
> File > Export > Export Accounts...
> File > Open...
> File > Save As...

   I must be particularly slow today, but I'm missing something here. When I
export accounts it's to a file in ~/. Then I touch a new file name in the
data directory and open that new data file (which has no accounts, of
course). If I "Save as ..." it's the same file name I created using touch and
I cannot import the exported account file. I've tried replaying the .log file
for the old data file but nothing appears.

   What have I overlooked, please?

Thanks,

Rich

--