Getting Gnucash 1.8.11 to Compile on CentOS 4.0 (RHEL 4)

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun May 1 04:06:08 EDT 2005

On Sunday 01 May 2005 7:05 am, Ryan McGregor wrote:
> Hi all. I currently run CentOS 4.0 (which is a distro rebuilt from the
> Red Hat Enterprise Linux source RPMs in case you don't know).
> I am
> trying to compile Gnucash 1.8.11, but I keep getting an error that
> gnome-config could not be found. I have installed libgnome-devel

You'll have to search the package lists for your distribution - certainly on
Debian libgnome-dev contains /usr/bin/gnome-config so it could be a packaging
error.

Note that gnome-config and libgnome-dev are part of Gnome1.4 : libgnome-dev
(1.4.2-19)

GnuCash1.8 is the only application in Debian to require Gnome1.4 so could it
be that your distro has already decided to dump Gnome1.4?

What is the version number of your libgnome-devel on that platform? 1.4.xxx or
2.xxx ?

You may be better off trying to build the Gnome2 port on your platform:
cvs -d :pserver:cvs at cvs.gnucash.org:/home/cvs/cvsroot checkout -r \
 gnucash-gnome2-dev gnucash

--

Neil Williams