help with foriegn currency

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Sun May 15 14:29:14 EDT 2005

reading this, and another response, seems to me its probably easiest to
buy your currency, expense the whole thing and then when you return and
sell your remaining currency, charge it back to that expense and be done.

this is based on the assumption that you're on vacation and are using a
limited amount of record keeping for the trip. For me, a vacation
expense is a vacation expense is a vacation expense, so if I buy $1000
worth of GBP and then sell the remaining amount back at the end of the
trip and get say $200, then I've spent $800 on the trip and I don't care
what that is in pounds.

obviously this doesn't work for anything much more sophisticated than
that....