Loans

E Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Wed May 18 05:56:48 EDT 2005

On Wed, 18 May 2005 19:38, JBW wrote:
> The main problem is that the tutorial says loan interest should be
> registered as an
> Expense. This however is not the case with me. Interest charges and loan
> repayments are two separate transactions of differing values. My Expense is
> the loan repayment, not the loan interest charge.

Head back through the list archives, one month or two, and Neil gives some
good explanations of how that recurring expenditure is not an Expense.
It's to do with subsequently owning something that you are paying off now. I
guess if it is a student loan it would be harder to follow the logic.
Liz

--
<tausq> Q. What's the difference between Batman and Bill Gates?
<tausq> A. When Batman fought the Penguin, he won.