Can't enter values to balance transaction... a bug?

matt at mattbostock.com matt at mattbostock.com
Wed May 18 18:17:36 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm working on a split transaction in the register window. The
transaction was imported from a .QIF file. The transaction is a $100
payment to Enom.com. Because I have an account with Enom (you 'fill up'
your account to prepay for your purchases), I have my Enom account setup
as an asset. However, Enom charge $3 per $100 in processing fees.

I was editing this transaction so that $3 of it would go to
'Expenses/Enom Fees' (with the other $97 going to my Enom asset account,
from my PayPal asset account). However, when I did this, GnuCash said my
transaction wasn't balanced. Now I can't edit the values of the
transaction - every time I enter a value, the field goes blank again.

What am I doing wrong?
Many thanks,
Matt :)