Currency symbol odd display

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Thu May 19 13:58:26 EDT 2005

Copy-n-paste from this list a few days ago. HTH

In message <4288F07E.1020803 at bbcb.co.uk>, Ashley Kitson writes:

 >>Hi
 >>
 >>I'm UK based with GBP accounting currency.  Running on Redhat 8 and
 >>GnuCash 1.8.  In my reports the pound sign is displayed as
 >>acute capital A followed by teh pound sign, i.e. 2 characters.  On
 >>inputs screens and in the accounts scren, it displays as the single
 >>pound sign (£).  Any ideas on how to correct this as it messes up the
 >>display, particularly when trying to print a report.

I believe this is a UTF-8 locale problem -- you probably need to fix the
locale setting.  I believe the instructions for do this are in the
mailing list archive somewhere and should also be in the FAQ.  Part of
this is a GnomeLib 1.x vs 2.x issue as well, since GnuCash is a Gnome
1.4 based application and most of Redhat 8's applications are Gnome 2.x
applications.

 >>Kind Regards
 >>Ashley

                                      \/