Stock movement

Paul Schwartz pmjs1115 at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 10:37:52 EDT 2005

--- Paul Schwartz <pmjs1115 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have started using 1.8.10.
> I made two Stock accounts in different tree
> branches.
> I entered 4000 shares of stock in one account, and
> then tried to transfer 1500 shares to the other.
> Got
> a message box that said I could only do a transfer
> from an account type Currency [both were].
>
> Then I just did a transaction from one account to
> another. The first account ended with the proper
> number of shares, but the second one had a proper $
> balance but zero shares.
>
> Any ideas what I did wrong?
>
> TIA
>
> Paul Schwartz

Sort of figured out the SHr thing; giving them all one
type was mixing all the transactions up.  Fixed that
by creating each stock on its own.

Now I'm confused by the balances displayed at higher
levels in the tree; all zero amounts, no dollars.  I
think the Balance Sheet report shows the proper
numbers. Should the $ amounts show in the main window?

Thanks again.

Paul Schwartz