OOo Spreadsheet for Canadian Payroll Tax

Michael D. Crawford crawford at goingware.com
Sat May 21 19:22:31 EDT 2005

Neil Williams asked:

> I know SourceForge is appealing for this but I'm not sure it is that suitable
> - SourceForge is geared towards development with CVS, mailing lists, file
> releases, developer co-operation, tasks, documentation etc. I've got two
> website projects that has been accepted but I wonder if what you are really
> after is the mirrors?

No, it's the support for coordinated development.  I don't think I'll
have a problem writing a spreadsheet to handle all of Canada, but
there's no way I could ever write one to support all fifty US states.
My goal is complete, worldwide coverage.  That's going to take a lot of
developers.

I think after posting my announcement on a few computer consultant
lists, I'm not going to have much trouble getting help.  The idea of
attracting other sourceforge members directly on sourceforge simply
never occurred to me.

I'm serious about what I said, about wreaking revenge against Intuit for
ripping off small businesses.  I just looked up Intuit's tax table
"service" so I could link it from the press release I'm already
composing, and it's a HUNDRED AND NINETY NINE DOLLARS A YEAR!

And Intuit has the gall to discuss the contributions its tax table
service makes to the company bottom line in its annual report.

Discovering Intuit's press release about it greatly increased my
determination to put those m*****f*****s out of business.  Gnucash
represents our greatest hope of achieving that goal, but it's not going
to be able to do that without being able to calculate withholding.
Launching my spreadsheet as a free software project is my small
contribution towards solving that problem.

Pardon me, I have smoke coming out of my ears.  I need to go fetch a
fire extinguisher.

Mike
--
Michael D. Crawford
http://www.goingware.com
crawford at goingware.com

     "I give you this one rule of conduct. Do what you will, but speak
      out always. Be shunned, be hated, be ridiculed, be scared,
      be in doubt, but don't be gagged."
      -- John J. Chapman, "Make a Bonfire of Your Reputations"
         http://www.goingware.com/reputation/