gnucash and Mac OS X 10.4

Kevin T. Broderick kbroderick at smcvt.edu
Wed May 25 09:36:15 EDT 2005

On 24 May 2005, at 8:10 PM, James Smith wrote:

> It does start up awfully slow, but at this point I'm just glad it
> works at all. :)

I'll agree wholeheartedly with that statement.  Gnucash is *really*
slow-starting for me on Tiger compared to Panther, but I don't think
it's just gnucash--I've noticed the same thing with gimp-2.2 and I
perceived something similar with another package (although I now
forget which package).  I did switch from xfree86 to xorg packages
shortly before switching to tiger, so I'm not sure if that could be
related or not (I was thinking that it might be).

Kevin Broderick / kbroderick at smcvt.edu