Problem or Bug?

Paul Schwartz pmjs1115 at yahoo.com
Sat May 28 12:14:26 EDT 2005

I have a stock account: XYZ which has 600 shares in
it.
I get "return of capital" [ROC] distributions
periodically.
I first tried a split transaction where the ROC was
credited to the XYZ stock account.  When a report
[balance sheet, account summary] runs the credits are
added to the asset value instead of subtracted,
although it shows properly in the entry register.

I tried to create a sub account under the XYZ account
[the program made me choose a commodity type so I
chose USD].  Under this condition the report generator
ignores all of the credit values and reports zero
value.

Have I done something wrong or is this a BUG?

TIA

Paul Schwartz