Help needed with crashing

Paul Schwartz pmjs1115 at yahoo.com
Mon May 30 16:18:47 EDT 2005

When I tried starting GNUCASH today, it wouldn't. On
the second try it reported someone was already using
the data file; try another?

I found the LCK and LNK files and deleted them. I
booted to rescue and made sure the file system passed
fsck.  I tried again. Same result.  I started with a
"new" file option, and then opened my latest data
file.  It worked; I think it is up to date.

Then I went to look at reports.  The profit/loss
report that I last used and saved, had disappeared
from its usual place in the menu.  It was now under
custom reports, and when I selected it, the program
crashed [disappeared].

I suppose that this is related to my startup problem
[but I don't really know :-(].

Can someone suggest a cure for this revoltin'
development?

TIA

Paul Schwartz