SVN switchover maybe TONIGHT (before Nov 6th) [WAS: Re: CVS locked down]

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue Nov 1 19:20:02 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 18:11 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> At this point in time, all CVS commit access has been locked out
> so David and perform the g2->head collapse.  After the collapse
> I expect Josh to perform the CVS->SVN migration.  Future commits
> should happen in SVN.  Mail will be sent out when this is finished.

Hmm... if you've been following the threads, you've probably already
seen the inconsistency between the SVN switchover mail and the branch
collapse plan.

Assuming that the merge goes smoothly, we're going to take advantage of
the tree already being closed and just get this over and done with ...
as such, I'm planning on doing the svn re-migration tonight.  It'll take
a couple of hours after the branch-merge is done.  More later.

...jsled