Can I turn off "memorized transactions"?

Jamie Hale jamiesonhale at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 09:05:44 EST 2005

I'm new to GNUCash but not new to accounting software - I'm a software
engineer for Peachtree. :)

When I type a transaction description that's the same as a previous
one, it automatically fills in the accounts and amounts from the most
recent (I think) similar transaction. The trouble is, I'm using the
spiffy new multi-currency features and when a description matches a
cross-currency transaction, it seems difficult to turn it back into a
single currency transaction. It could be that I just don't understand
it...

I can work around it by giving the transaction a "temp" description
which dodges the auto-populate, fill in my details and then go back
and edit the description.

I was just wondering if there is a way to turn off that auto-fill of
memorized transactions feature. I can't find any description of it in
a quick search of the manuals.

Thanks.