gnucash NOT crashing now

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Fri Nov 18 09:18:00 EST 2005

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 08:08:09PM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
| (cc'd to gnucash-devel)
|
| Strangely, I just noticed that the "Save Report" feature
| isn't in the g2 UI.  Personally I think the "Save Report"
| is a misnomer -- it should probably be labeled "Memorize Report"
| or "Memorize Report Settings" or something to that affect.
|
| I suspect that users think "Save Report" would mean "Save the
| contents of this report so I can send it to someone" which is
| not what this feature actually does.  Perhaps "Remember Report"
| would be another potential label?

You are absolutely correct.  I did think that "Save Report" would, in
some form, record the contents for future viewing.

After reading the crash explanation in this thread, I played with save
report last night and find it very valuable.  I was wishing there was
some way to persist the set of options I chose :-).  Previously I
would leave all the reports open so they would be there the next time.
Of course, this has the inconvenient side effect of taking far longer
than necessary to start gnucash if I just needed to record a
transaction because it would process all the reports.

Maybe putting the word custom in the labl, such as "Save Custom
Report" or "Save as Custom", would help associate the action with the
custom report feature.

-D

not sure about the former.
        Albert Einstein